We know that you may require some additional assistance to find a job when you have a disability, illness or injury. The Workskil Australia Disability Employment Service can help you to find a job that suits your individual strengths, interests and circumstances.
The Disability Employment Service is the Australian Government's employment service for people with a disability, illness or injury that requires specialised employment services.
Workskil Australia delivers Disability Employment Services from eight offices in Eastern Adelaide, Murraylands and Fleurieu/Kangaroo Island. Our staff work with you one on one to help you:
- Assess your key strengths, interests and abilities to develop suitable job goals.
- Create an Employment Pathway Plan to achieve your goals.
- Develop resumes and cover letters.
- Link directly with employers.
- Manage any challenges you may face in looking for work.
- Link with support services, education, training, and skill development opportunities.
- Look for work effectively in ways that suit you - this may include reverse marketing and job design/creation.
- Access work experience opportunities and work trials with real employers.
To find out how Workskil Australia’s Disability Employment Services can help you, please contact us on 1300 967 575 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What about when I start work?
Workskil Australia can provide you with support to assist you once you start a job. Support is flexible and tailored to your needs and your employer’s needs. Here are some examples of how we might help:
- Financial support for work clothing, transport, education and training etc.
- Workplace modifications and/or specialised equipment.
- Ongoing support on and off the job.
- Wage assistance for employers.
- Job in Jeopardy (JiJ) assistance for those requiring support to maintain their employment.
- Information about JobAccess and the Supported Wage System.
The National Standard for Disability Employment Services:
Workskil Australia is certified in the National Standard for Disability Employment Services. The Standard outlines the Australian Government requirements for the delivery of quality Disability Employment Services. Clients who access Workskil Australia Disability Employment Services can feel assured of receiving quality and appropriate services.