Are you 15-21 years old and looking to take the next step?

Leaving school can be a challenging time, but the caring team at Workskil Australia are here to help. Through Transition to Work we can support you on your journey to employment and education.

Complete this form if you'd like Youth Coach to get in touch with you

What is Transition to Work?

Transition to Work is an Australian Government funded program that focuses on providing young people with practical support and work experience to build skills, confidence and readiness for employment. Transition to Work is separate to jobactive and Disability Employment Services.

What will I get from Transition to Work?

A dedicated youth coach will help you to:

  • develop the practical skills needed to get and keep a job
  • find and apply for local jobs
  • find and participate in local work experience placements or internships
  • access driving lessons, training courses, work-related tickets and licences
  • connect with further education or training opportunities
  • gain confidence and motivation
  • access IT and WiFi services.

Where can you find us?

Workskil Australia is proud to be delivering this service from:

Complete this form if you'd like Youth Coach to get in touch with you

Am I eligible for this service?

To participate in Transition to Work you must be:

  • Aged 15-21, and
  • an Australian citizen, or
  • the holder of a permanent visa, or
  • New Zealand Special Category Visa, or
  • Nominated Visa (including Temporary Protection Visa or Safe Haven Visa).

Eligibility will also depend on a young person’s circumstances, including whether the young person:

  • has been awarded a Year 12 certificate or Certificate III
  • has been employed within the last six months
  • receives an income support payment such as Youth Allowance
  • is currently participating in another employment service including jobactive.

Eligible young people are referred to the service in three different ways, depending on their circumstances:

  • the Department of Human Services (Centrelink), may refer a young person when they first claim income support, or
  • a jobactive provider may refer a young person, or
  • a young person may directly register with a Transition to Work provider.

More information about eligibility can be found at If you have any questions about your eligibility, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Next steps - contact us

Register your interest with us today. Get in touch by calling us on 1300 967 575, emailing or filling in the form below.

Required fields are marked with an asterisk * and must be filled in to complete the form.