Are you 15-24 years old and looking to take the next step?
Leaving school can be challenging, but the caring team at Workskil Australia are here to help. Through Transition to Work we can support you on your journey to employment and education.
What is Transition to Work?
Transition to Work (or TtW) is an Australian Government funded service that focuses on providing young people with practical support and work experience to build skills, confidence and readiness for employment. TtW is separate to jobactive, Disability Employment Services and Youth Jobs PaTH Internships.
If you would like to learn more about this support please:
How will this service help me find a job?
A dedicated youth coach will help you to:
- Develop the practical skills needed to get and keep a job.
- Find and apply for local jobs.
- Find and participate in local work experience placements or internships.
- Access driving lessons, training courses, work-related tickets and licences.
- Connect with further education or training opportunities.
- Gain confidence and motivation.
- Access IT and WiFi services.
Want to see a real success story?
We have plenty of success stories and case studies on our work we could show you in differing industries with all sorts of people.
Here is Nasiah's story. You can watch or read about his journey- from the first ever job interview to gaining employment in the retail sector.
How do I access this support?
To participate in TtW you must be:
- Aged 15-24, and
- an Australian citizen, or
- the holder of a permanent visa, or
- New Zealand Special Category Visa, or
- Nominated Visa (including Temporary Protection Visa or Safe Haven Visa).
Eligibility will also depend on your circumstances, including whether you have:
- Been awarded a Year 12 certificate or Certificate III.
- Been employed within the last six months.
- Receive an income support payment from Centrelink such as Youth Allowance.
- Been participating in another employment service, including jobactive.
You can be referred to Transition to Work in three different ways, depending on your circumstances:
More information about eligibility can be found at www.jobs.gov.au/youth. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Where can you find us?
Workskil Australia is proud to be delivering this programme from our offices in:
- Salisbury, Marden, Modbury,and Enfield in Northern Adelaide, South Australia.
- Adelaide, Oaklands Park, Melrose Park and Mount Barker in Adelaide South, South Australia.
- Kingscote in Kangaroo Island, South Australia.
- Cabramatta, Fairfield and Liverpool in Sydney South West, New South Wales.
- Muswellbrook, Nelson Bay, Raymond Terrace and Singleton in Hunter, New South Wales.
- Port Lincoln, Port Augusta and Whyalla in North West Country, South Australia.
Let us support you on your employment journey. Contact us now to find out how we can work together.